In March 2019, BOSMAL joined the Polish Cluster of Composite Technologies (PKTK).
The cluster was established in 2017. Its headquarters are located in Zielonki Galicyjskie (Lesser Poland province).
The main goals of the cluster are:
- Promotion of Polish technologies, companies and institutions involved in the manufacture, research and design of composite elements and Polish technological thought regarding equipment and components used for the manufacture of composites,
- Creating a strong entity representing the needs of the composite industry, improving the promotion at international fairs and conferences of products and services of Polish companies and institutions, improving the recognition of Polish companies in the composite industry,
- Improving knowledge in the field of composite materials by organising training and trips to leading international centres,
- Implementation of joint research projects and creation of a sector programme, facilitating the cooperation of Polish companies with foreign partners,
- Creating purchase groups that allow for negotiations with larger suppliers.
As part of the Cluster's activities, the Institute's employees also have the opportunity to undergo a series of trainings on this subject.
On April 12, the first of the planned series of meetings took place: "Composite materials - theory, manufacture and properties". Bartosz Hekner, PhD, Eng., was the speaker at the meeting .