BOSMAL’s engine dyno testing laboratory, equipped with 20 modern engine dynos (AVL, HORIBA) – including dynamic dynos, hybrid testing benches and eddy current brakes – allows research and development works at the highest global level to be carried out.
BOSMAL’s engine dyno testing laboratory specialises in:
- new engine design development works,
- emission and simulation tests,
- choosing optimal engine components, together with calibration preparation,
- calibration works carried out on the engine control unit, for example engine power curve calibration, emission optimisation,
- durability tests,
- thermal shock tests,
- special tests and NVH measurements,
- combustion process tests,
- quality control tests,
- qualification tests of engines and their subassemblies,
- engine oil tests.
Exhaust aftertreatment system tests:
- NSC+DPF Euro 6 system development,
- SCR Euro 6 system development
- POC tests,
- catalytic converter ageing tests (on all liquid/gaseous fuels),
- Particle mass testing (PM), particle number testing (PN) and solid particle size distribution testing,
- urea dosage optimisation for applications with SCR.
BOSMAL’s engine dyno testing laboratory tests the following engine types:
- vehicular engines: light/medium/heavy duty,
- industrial engines,
- hybrid powertrains,
- sporting and motorcycle engines,
- off-road vehicle engines,
- marine engines.