What is EU individual vehicle approval?
EU individual vehicle approval means the procedure whereby a Member State certifies that a new, not registered vehicle, complies with the Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy on the individual EC vehicle approval (Journal of Laws of 2013 item 396 with further . amendments) and Regulation (EU) 2018/858. The EU individual vehicle approval refers to vehicles of cat. M1
, as well as special purpose vehicles of cat. M2
(in accordance with Annex II Part II of Regulation (EU) 2018/858), which have not obtained EC/EU type-approval certificate, or which, prior to registration, have undergone significant design changes that violate the previously obtained approval certificate.
The authority issuing the decision on EU individual vehicle approval, based on the tests carried out by BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute, as an authorized entity, is the Transport Technical Supervision in Poland.
Specification of the full scope of tests required for EU individual vehicle approval and definition of the necessary documents, requires individual agreement with the customer, therefore, the scope of works and scope of documentation to be provided is specified on the individual basis.
Below is a list of requirements regarding particular activities, which needs to be completed for EU individual vehicle approval with the requirements possible to be specified only after the necessary arrangements are made. Then, a set of documents to be filled in shall be sent to your e-mail address.
What should we prepare to carry out a procedure of EU individual vehicle approval?
To carry out a procedure of EU individual vehicle approval, the following is necessary to be prepared:
- application for EU individual vehicle approval drawn up in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 1 to the Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy
- information document drawn up in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 1 to the Regulation (EU) 2020/6683,
- information and instructions, specifying the conditions or restrictions related to the use of the vehicle, equipment or part, affecting road safety or environmental protection (if any),
- vehicle owner's manual (where required),
- copies of the relevant certificates of EC/EU type approval of the equipment or parts (where required),
- copies of the relevant UN type approval certificates (where required),
- statement of data and information about the vehicle required for registration and identification of vehicles, specified in Art. 70s, clause 1, item 2 of the Act of June 20, 1997 – Road traffic law (Journal of Laws of 2020 item 110 with further amendments),
- declaration on the submission of the application to one EU Member State exclusively,
- statement confirming entry into Central Registration and Information on Business or entry into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register prepared in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 7 to the Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy (Journal of Laws of 2015 item 1475 with further . amendments),
- vehicle title,
- a copy of the document proving payment of fee for issuing a decision on EU individual vehicle approval (PLN 800):
Payment by bank transfer must be made to the following account:
Transportowy Dozór Techniczny
ul. Puławska 125, 02-707 Warszawa
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego Oddział w Warszawie
Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warszawa
account number: 05 1130 1017 0020 1237 5820 0009,
- authorization to represent the owner of the vehicle in the procedure of EU individual approval before TTS (if applicable)
- copy of the document proving payment of stamp duty (PLN 17), in case the vehicle owner is represented before TTS (stamp duty on power of attorney):
The payment can be made at the cash desk of the city hall or by transfer to the following bank account:
Urząd Miasta Stołecznego Warszawy
Centrum Obsługi Podatnika
21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070