What is testing for national individual vehicle approval?
National individual vehicle approval consists in testing a new, not registered vehicle, which does not carry a certificate of conformity (CoC) at the current stage of vehicle completion. Such vehicle should meet the relevant technical requirements of Regulation (EU) No 2018/858. Testing is carried out for a vehicle, which has not obtained EC/EU type-approval certificate or type-approval certificate, or which, prior to registration, has undergone significant design changes that violate the previously obtained approval certificate. National individual approval allows the vehicle to be registered (identified by its VIN) and put into service within the territory of the Republic of Poland. The authority issuing the decision on national individual vehicle approval, based on the tests carried out by BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute, as an authorized entity, is the Transport Technical Supervision in Poland.
Specification of the full scope of tests required for national individual vehicle approval and definition of the necessary documents, requires individual agreement with the customer, therefore, the scope of works and scope of documentation to be provided is specified on the individual basis.
Below is a list of requirements regarding national individual vehicle approval, which needs to be completed with the requirements possible to be specified only after the necessary arrangements are made. Then, a set of documents to be filled in shall be sent to your e-mail address.
What should we prepare to carry out a procedure of national individual vehicle approval?
To carry out a procedure of national individual vehicle approval, the following is necessary to be prepared:
- application for national individual vehicle approval drawn up in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 6 to the Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy ( Journal of Laws of 2015, item 148 with further amendments) (Dz.U. z 2015 r. poz. 148 wraz z póżn. zm.),
- Information document drawn up in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 1 to the Regulation (EU) 2020/6683 (cat. M, N and O),
- copies of the relevant certificates of EC/EU type approval of the equipment or parts (where required),
- copies of the relevant UN type approval certificates (where required),
- list of data and information about the vehicle required for registration of vehicles, drawn up in accordance with the template laid down in Annex 5 to the Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy (Journal of Laws of 2015, item 148 with further amendments) (Dz.U. z 2015 r. poz. 148 wraz z póżn. zm.),
- vehicle title,
- a copy of the document proving payment of fee for issuing a decision on individual vehicle approval (PLN 800):
Payment by bank transfer must be made to the following account:
Transportowy Dozór Techniczny
ul. Puławska 125, 02-707 Warszawa
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego Oddział w Warszawie
Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warszawa
Account number: 05 1130 1017 0020 1237 5820 0009,
- authorization to represent the owner of the vehicle in the procedure of the national individual approval before TTS (if applicable)
- copy of the document proving payment of stamp duty (PLN 17), in case the vehicle owner is represented before TTS (stamp duty on power of attorney):
The payment can be made at the cash desk of the city hall or by transfer to the following bank account:
Urząd Miasta Stołecznego Warszawy
Centrum Obsługi Podatnika
21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070