Heating of the test sample at a stable rate, according to a controlled temperature change programme causes sample weight change through decomposition, oxidation reactions or emission of certain components. As a result, the method allows mass changes as a function temperature to be measured.
- The laboratory possesses a thermogravimetric analyzer:
- TA Instruments model Q500 equipped with a quartz furnace for EGA analyses
- device working temperature range from RT to 1000°C
- controlled heating speed: from 0,1 to 100°C/min
PN-EN ISO 11358
- VW, PSA, Mercedes and others